Left here for archival purposes.

By ThomasW
zeroday wrote:well yes the 5xxKb version before, is a combine of firmware, esp_init_data.bin, and the filesystem between them.
the 3xxkb version has only firmware.
but 20150107 and 20150108 has minor change in code. nothing touched with restart part.
maybe it's a file system issue too.
after a re-flash. run file.format(), will this solve the problem?

Problem started to appear here also. I'm currently using self-compiled firmware (based on 20150108). Didn't try older versions yet but I also think it started with this release. As others, first I blamed it on bad wiring/power but now as several others have the same issue.. file.format() seems not to help, did this after a fresh install and got the same (~ 3 out of 10 restarts failed).
For me, it happens only on powercycle - node.restart() seems to work always, just did this a dozen times in a row...

Thomas
By ThomasW
#6813 Hi,
This could be interesting: I just flashed my module with one of the old (520k sized, 20141222) firmware-files, tried a dozen cold restarts - no problems. Then flashed my actual bin's and - surprise: ~30 power cycles for now without a glitch!
I have no explanation yet and maybe it's just by chance but perhaps worth a try?

Thomas
By ThomasW
Middelbh wrote:Is there any archive with older versions, I want to try Thomas' proposal. In my situation the same happened when loading the newest firmware..

@zeroday please keep up the good work!

Hans

Attached zip includes:
nodemcu_512k_20141212.bin
nodemcu_512k_20141219.bin
nodemcu_512k_20141222.bin

Thomas
Attachments
(717.31 KiB) Downloaded 246 times