Left here for archival purposes.

By GeoNomad
manawyrm wrote:@gwizz: Can confirm.
I've linked you 2 osci. photos down there. The frequency is exactly 26 MHz. (the crystals freq.).

@GeoNomad: Yep, you're right.

Please be aware: These measurements have been done without any termination. (the real voltage is probably lower)

Comparing scope images makes me feel like an old man with an old tool.

:oops:
By manawyrm
#8886 @GeoNomad: Not a problem: yours gives you the same information than mine -- so ;)

@gwizz:
is it reproduced in the latest one also?

Yep.

Anyway: I have attached a copy of my program, which triggers a crash reliably every minute or so.
Please comment the HTTP request out, because it will not work in your network (locally here). Also, fill in the wifi password, maybe the problem has to do with the wifi station mode.
Attachments
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
By gwizz
#8887 OK - I'm having fun here being the gateway node myself!

I've posted the pics and further info on the EEVblog forum.

And I find it hard to identify the 'latest' one - can we give the build date that it will become when replaced?

Just to clarify - I assume this problem occurred for you whilst you had your local wifi details programmed in and wifi on station mode? Any other 'configuration' type details, that are needed to reproduce the problem, apart from the firmware and your code?

Many thanks!!

G
By manawyrm
Just to clarify - I assume this problem occurred for you whilst you had your local wifi details programmed in and wifi on station mode? Any other 'configuration' type details, that are needed to reproduce the problem, apart from the firmware and your code?

Yes, thats the configuration I have done. It should work ( well, crash :P ) then.

The version number of nodeMCU i have tested is called 20150127.

Another thing: Have a look over to this post: viewtopic.php?p=7078#p7078
Maybe this has something to do with our issue, too? Does anyone of you have the build environment set up right now? (I haven't had time to install it yet). If so: Could you build a nodeMCU without these detections (with hardcoded 4MBit Flash) and try again?

So long,
Tobias