Left here for archival purposes.

By picstart
#9102 I don't have definitive proof but I suspect that the FLASH_AUTOSIZE is mostly broken and any FLASH above 512K is also mostly broken
Now FLASH_AUTOSIZE may appear to work but I suspect it always autosizes to 512K no matter the size of the physical flash
#define FLASH_512K
// #define FLASH_1M
// #define FLASH_2M
// #define FLASH_4M
//#define FLASH_AUTOSIZE
// #define DEVELOP_VERSION
By Fab85
manawyrm wrote:Well, i just went to take a shower and the modules are still running, thats over 1 hour at the moment, which is far more than the default firmware does. I will leave it running over night.

I attached you the firmware as a .tar.gz file so you can try it out for yourself.

So long,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I have been testing your firmware, without any success. Waking up every 10 seconds, the ESP locks up again within 1 hour.
Has anybody other results?
By zeroday
picstart wrote:I don't have definitive proof but I suspect that the FLASH_AUTOSIZE is mostly broken and any FLASH above 512K is also mostly broken
Now FLASH_AUTOSIZE may appear to work but I suspect it always autosizes to 512K no matter the size of the physical flash
#define FLASH_512K
// #define FLASH_1M
// #define FLASH_2M
// #define FLASH_4M
//#define FLASH_AUTOSIZE
// #define DEVELOP_VERSION

hi, flash size bigger than 512k need flash tool's support.
flash tool should modify a byte of firmware and flash it.
the sdk read the byte, and tell spi flash api that they can access more than 512k. SDK feature...