Left here for archival purposes.

By flagtrax
ssylca wrote:Several times I got a bad 'Save to ESP' using ESPlorer, and after that couldn't remove the file using the Lua command. I had to re-flash Lua with NodeMCU Firmware Programmer to again get control of the ESP8266. Any idea why this happen?
Thanks

Hi,
I can't say I've ever had a "bad load"; although I've loaded bad code :lol: . The loading has never been an issue that I recall. Are you using a Nodemcu development module or stand alone ESP/serial converter set up. If the latter are your voltages compatable? IE 3.3V vs 5V on the serial converter. Is the reset pulled high? Is CH_PD pulled high. But in reality, I've not encountered a situation where ESPlorer would successfully connect to the module with any bad connection. Getting a "bad save" in what way? Did you get an error? When you remove a file, are you using "file.remove ("file.lua") " (without the outside quotes of course). After you remove the file what does the listfile button (under the commands tab) return?
By TerryE
#32741 Also try the latest dev build. Note that you may have to do your own custom build our use the cloud build service and drop SSL and the modules that you don't use if you are using a 512Kb flash. The upside is that you will have a LOT more RAM.