Left here for archival purposes.

By sancho
#3559 No experience with ADC for now, but I have some pH sensor with i2c ADC (12-bit resolution I think).
Can get a look onto it.
The MCP23017 and 23008 are well known and they work without problem, even provide interrupt functionalities, pull-up resistors, etc. I have a LCD display connected using 23008 and controlling it using Arduino - if I can get some time, I'll create a similar library for nodeMCU. Or I'll at least try - this was my first experience with lua ever ;)
By gerardwr
sancho wrote:And it works beautifly!
Seems like my kids are going to miss me tomorrow :)

Brilliant!

I saw your example post, so we did our share for the ESP community today!

Have a nice day 8-)
By sancho
#3562 We will see about the ADC - I ordered a sample from Linear technology, chip LTC2309CF, I'll try to code some library as soon as it is here.
By gerardwr
sancho wrote:No experience with ADC for now, but I have some pH sensor with i2c ADC (12-bit resolution I think).
Can get a look onto it.
The MCP23017 and 23008 are well known and they work without problem, even provide interrupt functionalities, pull-up resistors, etc. I have a LCD display connected using 23008 and controlling it using Arduino - if I can get some time, I'll create a similar library for nodeMCU. Or I'll at least try - this was my first experience with lua ever ;)

Well done, I guess most of us had not seen Lua before nodeMco was published.

Have no I2C experience whatsoever, solved everything with ATTINY's before, they are great little chips. Might be tempted to look into I2C now, but have to solve my issues on my Lua webserver before that. Maybe it is of use to you, the (longish) post is here:
http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=611