Post your best Lua script examples here

By amera64
#12563 Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the mqtt temperature logging code. I have two esp's running and they seem to work for several hours and then eventually they stop sending the mqtt messages to the borker. I even tried hooking the esp's power to an external 1mA supply but am still having the problem. The esp is still getting temperature and outputting to the serial console but nothing via mqtt. My mqtt broker is running on a Raspberry Pi b+ and im running nodemcu version 20150123. Any suggestions?
By bakicc
amera64 wrote:Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the mqtt temperature logging code. I have two esp's running and they seem to work for several hours and then eventually they stop sending the mqtt messages to the borker. I even tried hooking the esp's power to an external 1mA supply but am still having the problem. The esp is still getting temperature and outputting to the serial console but nothing via mqtt. My mqtt broker is running on a Raspberry Pi b+ and im running nodemcu version 20150123. Any suggestions?

same problem here. After the esp stops sending messages to the mqtt broker, the esp is still connected to wifi and I'm able to ping the esp.. so it seems the reconnect mechanism does not work well.
By rutierut
bakicc wrote:
amera64 wrote:Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the mqtt temperature logging code. I have two esp's running and they seem to work for several hours and then eventually they stop sending the mqtt messages to the borker. I even tried hooking the esp's power to an external 1mA supply but am still having the problem. The esp is still getting temperature and outputting to the serial console but nothing via mqtt. My mqtt broker is running on a Raspberry Pi b+ and im running nodemcu version 20150123. Any suggestions?

same problem here. After the esp stops sending messages to the mqtt broker, the esp is still connected to wifi and I'm able to ping the esp.. so it seems the reconnect mechanism does not work well.

Hmmm how stange, i tested mine for about an hour but i'll take a look at it next monday. In the meanwhile your could use the tmr.alarm function to reboot the ESP every 1~3 hours as a temporary fix.
By amera64
rutierut wrote:
bakicc wrote:

Hmmm how stange, i tested mine for about an hour but i'll take a look at it next monday. In the meanwhile your could use the tmr.alarm function to reboot the ESP every 1~3 hours as a temporary fix.

Yes, I thought about doing that for a temporary fix.