Post your best Lua script examples here

By plucker
rajbadri wrote:i have found out that thingspeak code works only with firmware nodemcu_512k_20141219

On my esp-12, I can post d'etat with firmware generated in January this year, don't recall the exact version.
Cheers,
Plucked
By John W
plucker wrote:
rajbadri wrote:i have found out that thingspeak code works only with firmware nodemcu_512k_20141219

On my esp-12, I can post d'etat with firmware generated in January this year, don't recall the exact version.
Cheers,
Plucked

I had big problems with the DHT11-sensor before upgrading to the latest nodeMCU.
As a noob i wasn't aware of that there were newer versions available (ran the firmware that was supplied with ESP8266Flasher).
So the firmware from Januari was the fault. Now everything works way better, no random restarts either!

I'll guess more noobs will do the same mistake though...
By Croc
#9750 Hello, I have a question. I am testing the lua ds18b20 example. but I see the temp every minute but it doesn’t receive ad the thingspeak. How come ? I change the key to the good one. I get this from the comport: >
ip = wifi.sta.getip()
> print(ip) 192.168.1.75
> Temp:17 C
Sending data to thingspeak.com
Closing connection
Got disconnection...

I also tested the older version bin by replacing the bin file by the original version no diffrents. Can somebody help???
By Charles
John W wrote:
I had big problems with the DHT11-sensor before upgrading to the latest nodeMCU.
As a noob i wasn't aware of that there were newer versions available (ran the firmware that was supplied with ESP8266Flasher).
So the firmware from Januari was the fault. Now everything works way better, no random restarts either!

I'll guess more noobs will do the same mistake though...

Well John - i had problems with dht-11 and nodemcu from januay and february. The reading Was wrong. So i downgraded to 20141223 - and dht11 works perfect but i cant connect to thingsspeak.com becouse nothing is send.
If You have working code for dht-11 on latest nodemcu please share it.