Left for archival purposes.

By rvtk
#8269 I successfully tested your code with some WS2812B leds (Neopixels) and Nodemcu (sdk 0.9.5 + your suggested changed to gpio.c). Thanks for the code, now I have an wifi-rgb-led-string with just an ESP8266 and WS2812B leds.

Any reason why you deviated from the original timing created by cnlohr? I tried both timings, they both work with my Neopixels. Theoretically, the timing of cnlohr is a bit faster.

What kind of work is needed to get this code into the nodemcu firmware?
If I can help out, please let me know.
By hackrid
#8290 I would like to stream ambilight like data to a strip of rgb leds. up to how many leds can be addressed with the existing implementations?
By Markus Gritsch
rvtk wrote:now I have an wifi-rgb-led-string with just an ESP8266 and WS2812B leds.
That was the idea behind it, yes :)
rvtk wrote:Any reason why you deviated from the original timing created by cnlohr?
The timing it not *that* critical, as everyone it moaning about. However, I took the timings from the excellent blog whose URL is given at the beginning of my code. At the end of that article there is a link to another entry "Why you should give your bits room to breathe"[1]. Read it. It has to do with the signal re-shaping each LED does.
rvtk wrote:What kind of work is needed to get this code into the nodemcu firmware?
I don't know. zeroday is free to add this code to the official code base. Maybe he would be more motivated, if you fork it on github and make a pull request for him. Maybe it would also be preferred, if the code would not be added to gpio.c but if it would be located in its own ws2812.c module.[/quote]

[1] http://wp.josh.com/2014/05/16/why-you-s ... o-breathe/
By smartin015
#8428 The bin file you posted doesn't seem to be working for me - I get a bunch of serial garbage on startup (both at 9600 and 115200 baud) and it's unresponsive after that. I'm using nodemcu-flasher with the bin file starting at 0x10000.

Am I doing something wrong?