Left for archival purposes.

By TimRen
#17607 I'd like to second TerryE!

Indeed a SRAM would be very sweet to make a lot of potential users march forward. Same story to arduino team, where users suffer from the relatively limited on-chip RAM, and there's a shield/variant created with a 23k256t ( this is a SPI SRAM 32kbyte from MC, for someone not familiar with that). if like Terry suggested a 2Mb, IMHO, that will make a lot of things possible!

By the way, Terry, as for the RAM you mentioned, any idea how much that be?
That proposal is very attractive yet with little risk. I am very interested! :lol: :lol:

-tim
By ficeto
#17639 I would rather hear how we can boot from SDIO. There is enough space on the SD Card, plus I'm not at all interested in NodeMCU as it by design is limited to what is exposed, it's an abstraction, it's slow and many more reasons. I would like also to hear if up to32MB flash is supported (ya know, not put the conf at the 4M mark). Another thing is memory mapping that is to be heard (not just map the first 1MB). Then some more info on the registers would not hurt... I can tell there are 8 timers for example, yet only 2 are mapped for use by the community. Any of the others used for anything?
Modules by design are fine for now... I doubt we need yet another pinout. Maybe have a model with PA+LNA so we can actually use it for longer distance communication?