Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By hreintke
#4945 LS,
Still having trouble getting it to work with version 0.68).
My esp is on com5 (CP2102 USB to UART bridge). When starting lualoader the right top shows red and no communication seems to work.
I changed my comport assignment to com2 using the device manager setting as you indicated.
Now Lualoader starts with green right top, but stll no communication.

The baudrate is correctly set at 9600.
Other com programs do correctly connect to the com5.

Any specific way to debug the lualoader connectivity ?

Herman
By Warthog
#4949 @Herman: May try again as administrator rights?

@Peter: The upload with 921600 will not work for me. Maybe this can be made configurable to 115200? I am using a real serial port which is not capable of 921600.
By GeoNomad
Markus Gritsch wrote:Hmm, I was thinking about improving upload speed: What if LuaLoader.lua contains beside cat() a second function save(), something like this:
What do you think?

I did some experimenting on the weekend and found that Lua is still sending a > after every newline, even with echo off. That makes it more cumbersome to do a faster upload right now.

I expect to sort it out later.
By GeoNomad
Warthog wrote:@Herman: May try again as administrator rights?

@Peter: The upload with 921600 will not work for me. Maybe this can be made configurable to 115200? I am using a real serial port which is not capable of 921600.

Yes, I will make the option configurable. But if you just change to 115200 or any other speed, you don't need to use the automatic acceleration option. You will get most of the benefit.

The auto speed boost is just a handy feature for those of us too lazy or forgetful to change from 9600 after a reset...