Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By Markus Gritsch
#5694 Hi,

I wrote a Python script (attached below) whitch uploads a file to the ESP board in the shortest time possible.

For comparison, I took a larger Lua test-file I found in this forum (lhttp.lua) which has 128 Lines and 3500 Bytes. Uploading this with LuaLoader takes about 61 seconds, which is a long turn-around cycle when developing something. I already posted a previous version of my script here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=677&start=30#p5345. Using this script the upload only takes 11.2 seconds. But it is not optimized, and sends the file line by line.

The updated version of my script (which you can find attached below) needs just 2.2 seconds to transfer the whole test-file.

I am editing the Lua files with Sublime Text (which allows uploading and executing the Lua file with F7 and, in case of an error allows jumping to the corresponding line with F4) and therefore integrated the uploader.py script using the included myNodeMcu.sublime-build file. But uploader.py can of course also be used without Sublime Text.

Have fun,
Markus
Attachments
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
By alonewolfx2
#5811 It looks like very good. I will try asap.
By alonewolfx2
#5812 How can I upload from command line?what is syntax? ( uploader.py init.lua init.lua ) ?