Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By sandynob3
#80033 Help! Help!
The problem is that nothing see's any device plugged into a usb port.
I tried all the driver and port analyzer I can find on the net. I have tried four different computers with four different os. I have tried two different USB A to micro-a cables. I have tried two different ESP8266 LUL NodeMCU V3 boards by LoLin from AliExpress. The board are marked to use CH340G drivers.
The operating system are various versions of Windows and various versions of linux.
Yes, I have tried different ports on these machine.
NO, never exposed to more than 3.3v. The main power to the board is via the USB connector, and the onboard regulator is putting out 3.3v.
I have a whole string of IoT project to do and I can't get over the first step.
Thanks for any help.
By QuickFix
#80054 Since the CH340 is just a simple USB -> Serial convertor (which should be nearly plug-and-play), if you can't get it to work on any PC, there must be something wrong with either the used USB cable or the NodeMCU hardware.

When attached to a Windows PC (and it surely would work the same on a Mac, but I don't know Macs, so can't tell from experience) a sound would be emitted by the speakers and a "New hardware found" tray-icon/window should pop-up, even if no drivers have previously been installed.

Please note that there are USB power only cables available that don't have the data-lines attached; these are commonly used (and sold with) devices that only uses USB power (like Vapers and rechargeable lights).
If you (unintentionally) would use such a cable for communication purposes, the device will get power, but no USB-handshake will occur between client and host. :idea:
By sandynob3
#80060 A complex problem like this must have a simple answer. After posting this question I found the answer. None of the how-to's mention it maybe becuse it obious. After installing the CH341SER you must imediately reboot your computer without the device attached to the USB port. Now after that I still had a problem the "device not setup correctly error 34". This problem was due to a conflict between the motherborad a the driver. Changing the drive memory and interrupt assignment fixed this, again reboot.
After years in electronics I have found very problems due to hardware failure. They are not inpossible but their is a 90% chance of human error like this one.
Thanks