Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By GeoNomad
ThomasA wrote:Hi

I can see the > prompt using other serial terminal software when running at 9600 8N1 but from within lualoader it does not display any of the text comming from the ESP8266 module.

The module does seem to receive commands from lualoader as it appears that it performs a restart when a restart is requested.

Any ideas?

You might look at the Hide Restart Garbage setting. That hides the annoying characters that appear after a restart (at 74880 baud), It can get stuck and hide everything - although it should time out normally.

Just uncheck it if it is checked.
By GeoNomad
jankop wrote:Peter, can you set DTR and DTS default after startup to "HIGH" please?

The problem is that I don't know what the user has connected DTR and DTS to.

HIGH may be correct for you and may be problematic for someone else.

I will think of adding it as an optional setting.

Peter
By ThomasA
You might look at the Hide Restart Garbage setting. That hides the annoying characters that appear after a restart (at 74880 baud), It can get stuck and hide everything - although it should time out normally.

Just uncheck it if it is checked.

Hi

I did see that mentioned elsewhere and tried this - did not achieve anything. Perhaps I should note that I am running Windows 8.1 x64 - not sure if that matters?
By GeoNomad
jankop wrote:Peter, can you set DTR and DTS default after startup to "HIGH" please?

I have added a right click on DTR and DTS to save the current value as the default for startups.

Will be in 0.82

Peter