Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By spy king
#9828 Hey,

I am having trouble connecting to my ESP, I don't see COM3 under the settings, which is my USB adapter, it works fine with sscom/coolterm etc, but not with the windows app, in COM settings, I only see the option for COM2 and COM4.

Am I missing something?
By GeoNomad
spy king wrote:Hey,

I am having trouble connecting to my ESP, I don't see COM3 under the settings, which is my USB adapter, it works fine with sscom/coolterm etc, but not with the windows app, in COM settings, I only see the option for COM2 and COM4.

Am I missing something?

From the FAQ:

Why doesn't LuaLoader see my comm port?

The short answer is, “I don't know”. Try running as administrator. Try reassigning the port to a different number, such as COM4 (Device Manager - Select Driver - Advanced Settings). The drop-down menu of available comm ports is populated by a list provided by a call to a Windows function. If the hardware configuration is changed, it may be necessary to quit LuaLoader and start it again to correctly populate the drop-down menu.

The problem is, that on my Windows 7 x64 machine, I have had no problem with FTDI, CH340, and CP2102 drivers. But for some reason, a few users are having this problem. If you have this problem and solve it, please let me know how. There are many versions of the drivers available and not all of them are good, it seems.