Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By GeoNomad
jankop wrote:Command Upload BIN is perfect, but threw would also Dowload BIN for *.lc compiled file.

A few people have asked and I will be looking into it.

Perhaps someone who has forked the source on github will add it.

Peter
By GeoNomad
#11194 LuaLoader version 0.85 now supports download and upload of binary files.

It is possible to download .lc files to a PC and upload them to another chip. This was requested by many users, so I implemented it yesterday.

I left 0.83 available as it is possible that bugs were introduced in this quick update. We will see.

http://benlo.com/esp8266/index.html#LuaLoader

Peter
By MK1888
#11535 Thanks for creating this. I've used it a couple times.

Two things I've noticed, though:

1) I'm using version 0.83 and it seems to have an annoying "feature". It sets DTR and RTS to low on connect. The default levels on those lines should be high, not low. ("Set as default" doesn't work.)

B) Increasing the baud rate doesn't seem to shorten the upload time at all. Going from 9600 to 115200 a 3K file still takes a long time to upload.

By the way, which compiler do you use? I'd like to add a few things to your code.
By GeoNomad
MK1888 wrote:1) I'm using version 0.83 and it seems to have an annoying "feature". It sets DTR and RTS to low on connect. The default levels on those lines should be high, not low. ("Set as default" doesn't work.)

I have been testing and Set as default (right click when you see what you want) seems to be working fine for me.

Are other settings being saved for you?

MK1888 wrote:B) Increasing the baud rate doesn't seem to shorten the upload time at all. Going from 9600 to 115200 a 3K file still takes a long time to upload.

Total time depends on the overhead so for short files there is not much gain. Large binary files show a lot of difference.

MK1888 wrote:By the way, which compiler do you use? I'd like to add a few things to your code.

Compiled with an old Delphi 4.

Source is on github.

Peter