Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By scargill
#5512 Hi there

Couple of things..

1. With the very latest Lua which is based on the new SDK I notices yesterday that sometimes your code times out, maybe something to do with the handshaking - you might want to check that.

2. When you CLOSE the session, please have the option NOT to clear the screen - or have a PAUSE option. it is almost impossible to copy and paste from the right window when data is scrolling by - you might want this to get someone to help you debug output... so we need a means to STOP the scrolling to do copy and paste. Right now I'm unaware of any way to do this and the screen is cleared when you stop. Might be better to clear it when you START the comms session.

3. You asked for help with English as you say your English is bad. It seems pretty good to me. I can't immediately see anything that needs fixing.
By 4refr0nt
scargill wrote:1. With the very latest Lua which is based on the new SDK I notices yesterday that sometimes your code times out, maybe something to do with the handshaking - you might want to check that.

I test ESPlorer with NodeMcu 0.9.4 build 20141222 firmware and not find any communication bugs. If you find - tell me more details.

scargill wrote:2. When you CLOSE the session, please have the option NOT to clear the screen - or have a PAUSE option. it is almost impossible to copy and paste from the right window when data is scrolling by - you might want this to get someone to help you debug output... so we need a means to STOP the scrolling to do copy and paste. Right now I'm unaware of any way to do this and the screen is cleared when you stop. Might be better to clear it when you START the comms session.

In version 0.1 build 202 terminal window never cleared now. You can use scrollbar to see any early sended/received data
Terminal autoscroll enable/disable - in next build.
By 4refr0nt
#5536 New version v0.1 build 203 released.

ChangeLog for this version
    add AutoScroll Enable/Disable (for scargill)
    add new serial port baud rates: 230400, 460800, 921600

Full ChangeLog

I'm test ESPlorer on serial port speed 921600.
Result: success.
Now you can work fastest!

1. Go Settings: uncheck "Dumb Mode"
2. Go Snippets and edit any empty snippet (by pressing "...") with new data: snippet name "Speed 921600", snippet content: "uart.setup(0, 921600, 8, 0, 1, 1 )"
3. Run snippet "Speed 921600"
4. Close serial port, by pressing "Close"
5. Change serial port baud rate to 921600 and press "Open"

Now, you can communicate with ESP8266 on speed 921600

P.S.
After ESP8266 reboot (by power or node.restart() ) you must reconnect on 9600
or save on ESP8266 file init.lua with string "uart.setup(0, 921600, 8, 0, 1, 1 )" and always connect on 921600 baud rate.

P.P.S.
NodeMCU Team says: not tested more than 115200
By scargill
#5542 I am SO glad you put that note about the baud rate in there - I had no idea you could adjust the baud rate of the baud. 115,200 makes so much more sense than 9600... (well, unless you're on a soft-uart). Great.