Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By Patrinos
#94124 I am trying to make my first arduino simple project based on the directions of this video for a gift to my fiancee

Suggest you watch it so you can understand better.

I follow his directions exactly but I made one change: I use a WS2811 led strip with a 12V-1A power supply so I power the LED strip from the power supply by soldering it on the step down converter's inputs.

Not to just mention that there is no experience in the soldering part so I've made a bit of a mess.

This is a funny drawing of what I am trying to accomplish: https://pasteboard.co/K0aoZ2A2cSxQ.png

and this is a video of my creation so you can see for yourselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYLV7v2Txo

So the issue is that after the upload of the sketch to the Wemos D1 mini pro. I plug everything on and just sometimes nothing happens and sometimes just the LED strip is turned on but I have no control via the app. Essentially no connection to wifi. And just like that, I've just "burned" 2 wemos D1 mini pro. Or I think I have because they are not responding when I try to upload a sketch and no LED onboard light turns on.

I want point out that:

The dupont wires on wemos didnt hold that well and I had to balance them out or hold them.

I measured 50 times all the connections (voltage) and seemed fine. I even measured the voltage on the strip itself. 12V on the strip and the input pins of the step down converter and 5V everything else (including data of led strip.)

I am not good at the soldering part yet. Dunno if that's the issue.

Please help me fellow scientists!
By Patrinos
#94125 CODE:
Code: Select all#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <Stepper.h>

#define PIN D2
#define NUMPIXELS 60
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

int motorSpeed;
int motorDirection;

const int stepsPerRevolution = 4096;

BlynkTimer timer;
Stepper myStepper(stepsPerRevolution, 14, 12, 13, 15);
Adafruit_NeoPixel pixels = Adafruit_NeoPixel(NUMPIXELS, PIN, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

void stepperControl() {
  if (motorSpeed > 0) {
    if (motorDirection == 0) {  // Rotate Clockwise
      myStepper.step(stepsPerRevolution / 50);
    } else {  // Rotate CounterClockwise
      myStepper.step(-stepsPerRevolution / 50);
    }
  }
}

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  timer.setInterval(1, stepperControl);
  Blynk.begin("XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX");
  pixels.begin();
  pixels.setBrightness(55);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run();
}

BLYNK_WRITE(V0)
{
  motorSpeed = param.asInt();
  myStepper.setSpeed(motorSpeed);