Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By scargill
#2971 Let me be the first to say "WELL DONE" - I got up this morning (UK based) and noted the update before I read this blog. The timer works (2 seconds) and I can reload files without error. Finally I can start looking at the various functions without the thing falling over. I'll write a blog item later this morning over at http://scargill.wordpress.com for those looking in (and there are quite a few).

I do have a couple of questions. Bear with me as this might sound dumb..

Let's say we have a file which has a function definition in it... and that gets called at power up as I do.. It I then delete the file and over-write it and call it again - does the existing stored function get over-written or do we need to reboot. As you can imagine, while developing functions there are going to be continual errors along the way.

I could see some serious uses for this - I just hope there is enough memory to store a decent amount of code in the unit.

Suggestion for you - the ESP-01 has at best 2 wires to play with - it would be really nice if one could read the likes of the Dallas 1-wire temperature chips on one of them. In the simplest case that opens the possibility of WIFI controlled temperature control (Dallas chip and a relay) using the ESP-01 and no host processor - wouldn't that be good.

Regards

Pete.
By scargill
#2972 One request for your next release, is there any chance of getting rid of the rubbish characters when the unit first switches on??

‡‡Žþ‡ó
Pete's LUA module 0.1
NodeMcu 0.9.2 build 20141120 powered by Lua 5.1.4
>
By cendev
#2973 i'm pretty sure both answers are gonne be no :) if you remove a file, the stored function will remain until rebooting, and for the second question, since these random chars are sent during the bootloader stage i'm again pretty sure firmware will not be able to handle this situation :/

edit : if you have a strong trust with your soldering skills, you can try soldering the gpio 16, 15 from the esp chip to a homemade board :) with resistors, there won't be an overcurrent problem and you may have more gpio's :) i did it and they work :) you can have further information about pinout on the wiki's chip page :)