As the title says... Chat on...

By Tolipwen
Monki wrote:Nice! How on earth did you get the Pi to recognize the alarms PIR? :o
I had to get 2x generic PIRs with SC2262 encoding so I could use the RCSwitch library already available. I do have 2x Friedland PIRs but I don't know what encoding they use :cry: so I was unable to use them.

Currently, with the use of an arduino and some "millis()" trickery, i've been able to get the lights to turn off after X seconds/minutes from being activated. It works brilliantly! I also now have a cheap LDR hooked up, so the whole motion thing only turns lights on when it's dark enough. I'll post the code up tomrrow when I'm at my computer...It's messy but does the job.
It's such a nice feeling when you finally figure this stuff out and your project finally works isn't it :D

Monki, since you got it working, could you be so kind to post your code [and wiring]? I've got an ESP8266 and a PIR HC-SR501 on the way and plan to create my own cheap HUE-PIR since Philips still won't offer a PIR for the HUE environment.
I'm pretty sure lots of people would appreciate your help....I know I would :D