As the title says... Chat on...

By RichardS
#3354 Very cool. I had ported a C interpreter to a ARM Cortex M3 and LUA reminded me very much like it....

Maybe I should port that C interpreter to ESP8266? When I have time, so that means, maybe never....

Richard.
By alonewolfx2
admin wrote:Very cool. I had ported a C interpreter to a ARM Cortex M3 and LUA reminded me very much like it....

Maybe I should port that C interpreter to ESP8266? When I have time, so that means, maybe never....

Richard.

Sound good :) i hope you can :)
By gerardwr
admin wrote:Very cool. I had ported a C interpreter to a ARM Cortex M3 and LUA reminded me very much like it....

Those were the days, Richard. "In a Galaxy, far far away" I remember implementing a Basex (Basic derivative) interpreter in Z80 assembler code. When I was "almost done" a guy from the US presented his Basic interpreter, he was called Bill Gates. That blew me out of the water!

Your ARM C interpreter is much more "state of the art" and probably "fun", but since my mishap in the 80's I promised myself never to work on interpreters/compilers that are already "on the market" again.

I used tons of languages, but tried Lua only a few weeks ago when NodeMCU came out. It's a little(?!) "awkward", but then again, every language is nowadays (I'm from the "pre-C age").

Why not spend the time you do NOT have on Lua, it's currently the best (=only) interpreter for the ESP on "the market".
By RichardS
#3395 That's what I am thinking, LUA for now, got lots of ideas for it.

Richard.