As the title says... Chat on...

By hwiguna
#4281 Interestingly, eventhough I've been using 1K and 1.8K resistor ladder to bring 5V SIGNAL from the FTDI TX to the ESP RX, I have not used anything beetwen the ESP TX and FTDI RX.
Furthermore, I did not use ANY level shifting on the Arduino Mega.

It is very curious that you do not see the Arduino RX not blinking. Have you double-checked that the RX and TX between the two devices are crossed?
By zioax
hwiguna wrote:Interestingly, eventhough I've been using 1K and 1.8K resistor ladder to bring 5V SIGNAL from the FTDI TX to the ESP RX, I have not used anything beetwen the ESP TX and FTDI RX.

It is very curious that you do not see the Arduino RX not blinking. Have you double-checked that the RX and TX between the two devices are crossed?

Sure, all the connection are right. I've also added a resistor on the RX pin but the problem still persists, the RX pin on Arduino doesn't turn on!!
By hwiguna
zioax wrote:
hwiguna wrote:Interestingly, eventhough I've been using 1K and 1.8K resistor ladder to bring 5V SIGNAL from the FTDI TX to the ESP RX, I have not used anything beetwen the ESP TX and FTDI RX.

Sure, all the connection are right. I've also added a resistor on the RX pin but the problem still persists, the RX pin on Arduino doesn't turn on!!

Bummer... :(