Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By fetzen
#76861 Hello there!

I've been desperate for days, working on my IoT Project has brought me to the point of integrating an HTTPS server.

Until a few days ago I worked with Ubuntu, Eclipse and PlatformIO, everything worked well.

In search of a suitable SSL library, I came across BearSSL and want to use it.
After felt endless hours, I have not managed to integrate the libraries of ESP8266 / Arduino in my project.

I decided to test VSCode with the PlatformIO plugin under Windows 10. So far I am very satisfied with the configuration. Only my original problem still exists ...

VSCode (1.24.1), PlaforomIO (Core 3.6.0a5) and Git (2.16.2.windows.1) are installed in the current version.

I created a new project and added the library dependencies to the platformio.ini
Code: Select all[Env: d1_mini]
platform = espressif8266
framework = arduino
board = d1_mini
lib_deps = https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino.git

When I build the project I get the following error:
pio run
Code: Select allSubmodule path 'tools/sdk/ssl/bearssl': checked out '94e97043bbdebed43ecd9372bd7fd21d45bd789f'
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\__main__.py", line 120, in main
    cli(None, None, None)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 700, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 680, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1027, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1027, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 873, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 508, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\click\decorators.py", line 26, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context().obj, *args, **kwargs)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\commands\lib.py", line 103, in lib_install
    library, silent=silent, interactive=interactive, force=force)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\managers\lib.py", line 354, in install
    force=force)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\managers\package.py", line 712, in install
    name, url, requirements, track=True)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\managers\package.py", line 460, in _install_from_url
    return self._install_from_tmp_dir(_tmp_dir, requirements)
  File "c:\users\fetzen\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\managers\package.py", line 539, in _install_from_tmp_dir
    shutil.move(tmp_dir, pkg_dir)
  File "C:\Users\Fetzen\.platformio\python27\Lib\shutil.py", line 314, in move
    rmtree(src)
  File "C:\Users\Fetzen\.platformio\python27\Lib\shutil.py", line 261, in rmtree
    rmtree(fullname, ignore_errors, onerror)
  File "C:\Users\Fetzen\.platformio\python27\Lib\shutil.py", line 266, in rmtree
    onerror(os.remove, fullname, sys.exc_info())
  File "C:\Users\Fetzen\.platformio\python27\Lib\shutil.py", line 264, in rmtree
    os.remove(fullname)
WindowsError: [Error 5] Zugriff verweigert: 'C:\\Users\\Fetzen\\Documents\\PlatformIO\\Projects\\pioTest\\.piolibdeps\\_tmp_installing-mw_dih-package\\.git\\modules\\lwip2\\modules\\lwip2-src\\objects\\pack\\pack-5ee86b65af293e54ee433a9f9743411dd7b40069.idx'

============================================================

An unexpected error occurred. Further steps:

* Verify that you have the latest version of PlatformIO using
  `pip install -U platformio` command

* Try to find answer in FAQ Troubleshooting section
  http://docs.platformio.org/page/faq.html

* Report this problem to the developers
  https://github.com/platformio/platformio-core/issues

============================================================

I do not know how to help anymore as I get the libraries up and running. I install the library manually with
pio lib install https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino.git

I get the same issue

Can someone please help me that I can finally continue programming = D