Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Angelo Santagata
#20942 Mario

in preferences turn on verbose output for "upload".
When you upload your sketch it will show you the command line its using and more importantly "where" its decided to put the .bin file, for me on windows its in userdata/temp/....

Then put the bin file on dropbox/somewhere and send the link to via a PM..
By Angelo Santagata
#20948 Thanks to reaper7 this is now working!
As reaper said this appears to be a ESP826612E, and I bet my other ESP8266 is a 12E

I added the nodeMCU 1.0 (ESP12E) to boards.txt, restarted arduino and voila worked first time

The only thing which took me a while to suss out was I was editing the wrong boards.txt , I was looking at the one in my arduino directory however the correct location is the one in the preferences directory.. For me on Windows it is
C:\Users\Angelo\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\1.6.4-673-g8cd3697

Made the changes to the correct board.txt, reflashed my standard "blink" and I was then greeted with flashing LED..

Compiling on windows is still slow,(tried it on the mac and its quick quick)

HURRRRAAAAAHH!!!

OK Wiki entry to be had I think.. where?

finally I do need to thank all you responded and gave me insights/ideas. Ok took a while to suss it out but I learnt a lot about some of the wiring... so all good in the long run.
By Mario Mikočević
Angelo Santagata wrote:Mario

in preferences turn on verbose output for "upload".
When you upload your sketch it will show you the command line its using and more importantly "where" its decided to put the .bin file, for me on windows its in userdata/temp/....

Then put the bin file on dropbox/somewhere and send the link to via a PM..

Do'h, it was in front of me eyes ! :)

Glad you sorted it out ..

--
Mozz