Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By ohra
#12824 Any pointers how to use this IDE alongside the normal Arduino IDE in OSX?

I don't want to mess with my install of the normal IDE, so I installed the ESP IDE elsewhere. But I guess the ESP IDE uses the same preferences as the original, so it uses a wrong library path and cannot compile ESP specific sketches. At least it fails to find ESP8266WiFi.h when I tried to build the MQTT example.
By RichardS
#12825 I will let IGRR answer, but I know in windows when you drop down the installation into a new folder and execute it from that location that it uses the preferences from there and not the original location, but I do not 100% know for OSX.

Richard.
By igrr
ohra wrote:so it uses a wrong library path and cannot compile ESP specific sketches. At least it fails to find ESP8266WiFi.h when I tried to build the MQTT example.

This shouldn't be the case, I've got both official Arduino install and this ESP package working here (OS X 10.10.2).
Would you kindly post the verbose compiler output? It can be enabled in Arduino preferences.
Thanks.