Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By PawnDrifter
the enel wrote:Unfortunately, this tutorial doesn't work for me. The installation stop to "installing tool(1/)" steps. It's the same for both versions.

It took about 15 minutes to complete on my Core I3 beater laptop. I was also on a hotspot via my phone so my link was slow - though I do not know if it was using the internet to complete the install at any point. I almost killed it but decided to just wait it out. It finally did complete.
By butchalline
#18979 Tried the above with ElectroDragon ESP8266-07 using FTDI Basic and four wire hookup.
Followed instructions above using http://arduino.esp8266.com/package_esp8 ... index.json and generic board. Used default flash size. Tried several baud rates. No success. All I get is:

warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed

Any help appreciated...
By tytower
#18981 The wiring is probably not right or the port isn't set right in the IDE. Its going to set up the transfer of hex to the chip but its not seeing it right so it won't send.

First check its got the port , then GPIO0 to ground and turn the power off then back on , you should get 1 flash only , then send.