Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By AYAduino
#21061 The ESP options disappeared from the IDE this morning so I went into board manager and sure enough it wasn't showing as installed. Long story short, it installed v-835 and now nothing that was working yesterday is working today. Everything throws an Exception (28) - sometimes it gets out of setup() but mostly it dies there. I've tried with two different boards using known working good setups and code.

I'd like to go back to one of the earlier versions to see what problems, if any, follow; how do I point it back to one of the earlier versions that I was using (816 for example)?

Thanks,
Brad
By tytower
#21064 Maybe go into preferences-> preferences.txt, down the bottom on link
Goes to where they are kept .go to packages and see whats listed . If you have 2 delete the last and see if that works . I think it should but I have not done it

I am not sure its working ! but if you delete them all and have preferences update turned on its supposed to automatically update when you open Arduino again
By AYAduino
#21067 Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it just wants to reinstall the same one again (I tried the 'staging' as well as 'production' json sources).

There's a buildprefs.txt file in the temp directory where it does the build but for the life of me I can't find where it's pulling that data from.