Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By tytower
#21328 I don't think so mate . Modern day regulators are built to reject any excess feedback .
But give me some little time and I will back this up with fact if I can .

In paralleling two LM7805 regulators that are producing 5.2 V and the other 4.8 V , as load current increases, the higher voltage one carries all of the load current until it goes into current limiting at around one Amp, at which point the voltage drops from 5.2V to 4.8V, and the load current can increase up to where the second goes into current limiting at about 2A .Now I think this can be applied to the regulators in this circuit ,so they have another self regulation going on sufficient to avoid problems up to the sum of allowed current for both.
Last edited by tytower on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
By Stoney
#21333 huh .. are we in some of competition now ? I did not even notice it was you I was responding to previously.

I posted a workable solution in the other thread, if you have a better one and wish to keep it to yourself .. well good on ya.
I have been doing electronics professionally for nigh on 40 years, you can ignore me if you like ;)
If you want to connect 3.3v to the 3.3v out pin on your ftdi for no purpose whatsoever, be my guest.