Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By jtheires@netins.net
#24319 thanks, tytower,
Best I can tell, the IDE is looking for my #included <Wire.h> file in a location different from where I found the "right" Wire.h (with 2 parameters to the begin function). So, it finds a Wire.h that takes only 1 parameter to the begin function.
Have I installed this library incorrectly?
By tytower
jtheires@netins.net wrote:thanks, tytower,
Best I can tell, the IDE is looking for my #included <Wire.h> file in a location different from where I found the "right" Wire.h (with 2 parameters to the begin function). So, it finds a Wire.h that takes only 1 parameter to the begin function.
Have I installed this library incorrectly?

I agree that's your problem but don't understand what you mean by "Have I installed this library correctly" . If you have used the json file in preferences to bring in the ESP libraries the there is no separate library to download . So if you have a Wire library in your "libraries" folder it should not be there and should be deleted. I would open a Directory" Copy Libraries" and copy the libraries contents to it . Then delete the Wire library and try your compile again.
Alternatively just change the name of the suspect and try.

If things don't go as they should you can copy back again or change the name back.

When you choose ESP as your board it should automatically use the Wire library brought down by the json link
Last edited by tytower on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tytower
#24367 To answer the other question the standard wire library is now built into the /avr/libraries directory see image

So I assume somewhere the avr libraries are put aside when ESP board is chosen so the libraries included with ESP can be used
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.