Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Bramco
#24297 Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - I did try search but couldn't find anything.

I am on the latest Arduino IDE and esp8266 board package but when I try to compile a sketch with the one wire library, I get the message above and text saying that the compiler is using the standard one wire library, not the one for the esp.

The full compile error text is below, I'm sure I have done something stupid but can't figure out what it is. Any help gratefully appreciated - thanks

In file included from DS18x20_Temperature.pde:1:0:
C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:108:2: error: #error "Please define I/O register types here"
#error "Please define I/O register types here"
^
C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:115:5: error: 'IO_REG_TYPE' does not name a type
IO_REG_TYPE bitmask;
^
C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:116:14: error: 'IO_REG_TYPE' does not name a type
volatile IO_REG_TYPE *baseReg;
^
Multiple libraries were found for "OneWire.h"
Used: C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire
Not used: C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\1.6.5-947-g39819f0\libraries\OneWire
By Bramco
#24308 I've partially solved it myself by renaming the standard onewire to onewirestandard.

The compile picks up both but says it is now using the correct one and the compile is successful.

Obviously now if I need to compile for an arduino I'll have to rename it.

I'm sure there must be some setting somewhere to make the compiler look in the right place depending on the target.