Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By tytower
#24613 Igrr has responded that they don't have a compile of esptool for 0.4.5 version as yet for linux 32 bit and has asked an offsider to compile one to make it available . Will probably be there soon.
Last edited by tytower on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tytower
#24641 OK its been fixed so go to github copy the "staging" link ,put in Preferences,go to board manager and install.
If you dont get the new link it will get a corrupted message.
It all seemed good to me , has all the extra boards ,Thing and ,sweetpea,12E ete
By ridge
#24653 The good news:
The 0.4.5 upgrade now works for linux 32bit.

The bad news:
I am using the same NodeMCU 0.9 (ESP-12 Module) definition as in the previous 0.4.4 revision.
Performance is absolutely killed. In my test program, Irrigation_5, the menu goes from being almost instantly updated on my cell phone to having so much lag it is now unusable.

The same program running on an identical board programmed with the 0.4.4 revision runs as fast as before.

I tried other boards available in the IDE to see if they improved performance, but no luck.
It almost seems like the flash clock speed has been set very low in this version, even though it is not able to be selected from the menu for this board.

I have seen one other complaint about reduced performance moving to 0.4.5. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.