Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By canedje
#35232 Hello I'm unable to flash to my NodeMCU
I bought severall "small" versions of the NodeMCU and these ones I can flas and they run smooth.
I used the settings for these type to flash:
    NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP12E Module)
    COM4
    Upload speed 115200
    CPU Frequency 160 Mhz
This works fine.

By accident I did bought also the "Broad" NodeMCU.
I recognized it is using an other driver.
I tried several different setting from above and changed them in higher and lower speeds but until now I didn't succeed.
I tried several board types including:
NodeMCU 0.9 (ESP12 Module)

I used the Arduino sketch platform as also the Eclipse platform

What did I do wrong?
What do I need to do to get the NodemCU flashed?

I
By krzychb
#35233 Hi canedje,

As you have your other NodeMCU already working, you are half a way through to make the new one working as well :D

I assume you have installed a new driver for your new NodeMCU. If so, please provide diagnostic information how it behaves once connected:

1. Does the new NodeMCU board show up as a new COM port once you plug it in to your PC?
2. After it is plugged in, once you select this new COM, open Serial Monitor and press reset, what is displayed on the Serial Monitor? You can try setting each available baud rate and reset it again if you see garbage.
3. Once you try to upload it at 115200 baud, what message is displayed in Arduino IDE?
4. What Arduino IDE version are you using?
5. What is your ESP8266 board manager version?

If possible please provide screen shoots what you see in steps 2 and 3.

Krzysztof
By canedje
krzychb wrote:Hi canedje,

As you have your other NodeMCU already working, you are half a way through to make the new one working as well :D

I assume you have installed a new driver for your new NodeMCU. If so, please provide diagnostic information how it behaves once connected:

1. Does the new NodeMCU board show up as a new COM port once you plug it in to your PC?
2. After it is plugged in, once you select this new COM, open Serial Monitor and press reset, what is displayed on the Serial Monitor? You can try setting each available baud rate and reset it again if you see garbage.
3. Once you try to upload it at 115200 baud, what message is displayed in Arduino IDE?
4. What Arduino IDE version are you using?
5. What is your ESP8266 board manager version?

If possible please provide screen shoots what you see in steps 2 and 3.

Krzysztof

It is working now.

I had to push the reset button and flash button to get it started.
Now it is running as a charm!
Thanks for helping!!