Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By MarioHaza
#94324 Hi there.

I have connected an Arduino Nano which gather data from sensors that will be transmitted to the Internet usign an ESP-01 module.

I have connected crossed RX to TX and TX to RX, ground, vcc and enable HIGH no resistor (3.3v).

On the Arduino side I use serial.print to send information
On the ESP-01 i put on an Arduino Sketch to read that information (Serial.readString) to send to a http post.

I cannot make it wotk, i am now trying to reset the ESP-01 to its factory state, have donwloaded the firmware and hopefully save to it, but i have not access AT commands, it has an Arduino sketch, if i put blank one did not work.

So my questions are:
1) How can i reset an ESP-01 to its factory default?
2) Using Arduino sketches on both sides am i doing right? what could be my problem?
By Inq720
MarioHaza wrote:Hi there.

I have connected an Arduino Nano which gather data from sensors that will be transmitted to the Internet usign an ESP-01 module.

I have connected crossed RX to TX and TX to RX, ground, vcc and enable HIGH no resistor (3.3v).

On the ESP-01 i put on an Arduino Sketch to read that information (Serial.readString) to send to a http post.

I cannot make it wotk, i am now trying to reset the ESP-01 to its factory state, have donwloaded the firmware and hopefully save to it, but i have not access AT commands, it has an Arduino sketch, if i put blank one did not work.

So my questions are:
2) Using Arduino sketches on both sides am i doing right? what could be my problem?

1) Are you a real person or another CamelCase bot hammering the forum?
2) Can you explain why you are connecting Arduino Nano to the ESP-01? That might aid in the better answer to your question.
By tepalia02
Inq720 wrote:
MarioHaza wrote:Hi there.

So my questions are:

1) Are you a real person or another CamelCase bot hammering the forum?
2) Can you explain why you are connecting Arduino Nano to the ESP-01? That might aid in the better answer to your question.

From the question, it looks like he/she is collecting data from the nano by using esp-01. I think he/she is using the esp-01 just to add wifi connectivity to the project. Let's see if s/he gives any further clarification.