Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By Pablo2048
#79189 Ok, Plan B... Try to disable Windows Firewall AND any antivirus software/suite/whatever. If this fail, use Wireshark and try to monitor MDNS traffic. Plan C would be to try to install portable Arduino version and (when asking) allow all network communications in the firewall settings. Plan D then - don't use Windows :D (I'm out of plans actually...).
By schufti
#79191 hmm, there are WiFi routers where
a) WiFi can be isolated from LAN, only allowing access to WAN.
b) WiFi stations are isolated from each other
Just for plan E ... check router settings, move PC from LAN to WiFI or vice versa
By HamzaHajeir
Pablo2048 wrote:Ok, Plan B... Try to disable Windows Firewall AND any antivirus software/suite/whatever. If this fail, use Wireshark and try to monitor MDNS traffic. Plan C would be to try to install portable Arduino version and (when asking) allow all network communications in the firewall settings. Plan D then - don't use Windows :D (I'm out of plans actually...).

schufti wrote:hmm, there are WiFi routers where
a) WiFi can be isolated from LAN, only allowing access to WAN.
b) WiFi stations are isolated from each other
Just for plan E ... check router settings, move PC from LAN to WiFI or vice versa

Special thanks guys, It worked well now.

After 2 hours of error and error xD , by the help of Wireshark.

Tried several crossing things :D as Cleared EEPROM of NodeMCU and trying my mobile hotspot and disabling windows and ESET firewalls, then tried a new NodeMCU and which then solved problem of network port appearance.

* Some firewall permissions were asked by this operation, as from java.

Then got back to my router. tampered with router settings, with negative effect.
lastly i restored router settings to default.

Now i run back all firewalls (rules applied) and all things are going well now.

So mostly the error was caused by some router settings.