Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By maurus95
#85207 Hi

I have created a project to control a LED-Panel via a Website. The communication is implemented via a Websocketserver to achieve live bidirectional communication between esp and client. The feature has worked fine in Station-Mode, where esp and client are connected to the same network. But due to user feedback and a few other performance issues it would be for the better to set up the connection with the esp by directly connecting to the esp-AP. But when the esp is set to AP-Mode the esp is disconnecting the connection to the client and stops responding to all server requests after a while. The Error seems to occour after a certain amout of request, but is not constant. Sadly there is no stack report to evaluate any error. Heap-Memory does not seem to run out of space.

I have already reduced the Data-Traffic from client-side, which allows to run the Server for a bit longer, but eventually stops responding anyway. Does anyone have an idea how to approach this problem, or what could cause this behaviour?

Link to my project is here:
https://github.com/maurus95/ledMatrix_Webserver

I am sorry for my noobiness
thanks in advance.

Platform
Hardware: [ESP-8266]
Development Env: [Arduino IDE]
Operating System: [Windows]
Settings in IDE
Module: [Nodemcu 1.0]
Flash Size: [4MB (FS: 2MB)]
lwip Variant: [v1. Lower Memory]
Reset Method: [nodemcu]
Flash Frequency: [40Mhz]
CPU Frequency: [160Mhz]
Upload Using: [SERIAL]
Upload Speed: [3000000|other] (serial upload only)