Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By Carloroma63
#89415 Hi all,
this is my first post in this forum, can you tell me if is needed some presentation?
In meantime, I submit you this problem:

I've a NODEMCU ESP-12E and using Arduino IDE to develop on it.

I've found an issue that cause continue drop in Wifi connection. In my sketch I was using a analgRead(A0) in loop() function, without any timing. This cause the issue.

If I put a delay(200) in loop(), issue is not present.

Thanks

Carlo
By schufti
#89434 loops in esp8266 can be critical. If you don't use commands that "feed the watchdog" you may encounter strange things. Usually it is enough to put a "yield()" into the loop to keep all background tasks (as wifi) going and the watchdog happy. Unfortunately it brings some unacountable delay into your loop.
By Carloroma63
schufti wrote:loops in esp8266 can be critical. If you don't use commands that "feed the watchdog" you may encounter strange things. Usually it is enough to put a "yield()" into the loop to keep all background tasks (as wifi) going and the watchdog happy. Unfortunately it brings some unacountable delay into your loop.
Right, but watchdog in not feeded, to use your example, each time loop() ends and restart? I known the need to use yeld() inside a "long time while-do " loop to avoid WDT reset, but I also known that yield() is implicit in loop() function, or not?