Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By martinayotte
#14993 Hi
I've finally got few spare time to play a bit more with my SandBox-PlayGround ... :)
Here is an updated version which mainly add a TCPServer (using the WifiServer ESP8266 library).
It provide a Telnet access to most of the previous pseudo-shell commands accepted on UART port previously.
(I will probably throw away this uart code now that the ESP module is reachable thru telnet, freeing the port to do something else, maybe another TCP-RS232 Transparent Bridge ... ;) )

But, still, there is an issue : it is not yet multi-clients !!! see viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2612 ...
But, I'm confident :ugeek:

BTW, if anyone wish try it out, at least on Linux, you need to specify port even if my server is listening on 23, so "telnet <ipaddr> 23", not "telnet <ipaddr>", otherwise the telnet client will try to negotiate something that will make connection fail (maybe another bug related to lower layer of ESP)

Ciao !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Sunspot
#20087 Very keen to try this

It is asking for i2c.h
Where can I download the correct version please?

and why is it needed if Wire.h is there???

Thanks!!!
By Sunspot
#20132 sorry to be a pain . . .

It now wants ESP8266WiFi.h but i can only find ESP8266wifi.h and ESP8266wifi.cpp and they give compile errors.

Could you possibly give link to ESP8266WiFi.h / cpp or perhaps add the working sub file to your posts?

This is a great way to learn if you can find the pieces of the jigsaw - thanks.