Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By 8785ben
#72056 A follow-up :

Thanks to you I have been able to connect to my MSZ-GC22.

I'm experiencing a strange thing like one or two others : the communication works @ 9600 bauds (even parity & 1 stop bit), not 2400. What is strange is that Rich Hardley @https://nicegear.nz/blog/hacking-a-mitsubishi-heat-pump-air-conditioner seems to have also an MSZ-GC (or MSZ-GE). The electronic board has the same reference... I'm in France, I don't know if the configuration may be country specific or if it may also depend on the external unit (an MXZ-3A64 in my case).

So far the GC22 answers to the connect command (FC 7A 01 30 01 00 54 54) and then to room temperature request (FC 62 01 30 10 03 00 00 08 00 ... 00 52 52).
I'm connected directly to my PC through an FT232 Serial-USB converter working in 5V and I have written a little C program under Windows. I will probably add 1k serial resistors on the Tx and the Rx to prevent a big mess in case something unwanted happens.

I'm now going to investigate further with an MSZ-FD25, as soon I will receive the PAP05 connectors (I've soldered directly on the connector on my MSZ-GC for the first tests as I did not want to wait). I'm also planning to use an ESP8266 and develop a full remote control with wifi.
By gamblor999
#79356 Any chance in you selling a couple of them pre-made ready for openhab?

SwiCago wrote:Below is code to connect to a Mitsubishi heat pump and set it to the corresponding settings wanted.
NOTE: ESP requires pullups to 5V on TX and RX It can be powered by the 5V rail of the heat pump, just add a regulator for 3.3V

I plan to further the code and add MQTT to it and remote control each heat pump in my house. Hope this helps anyone else, that is also wanting to talk to these heat pumps. When I am done I will probably setup a git for it, but for now I'll post updates here.

I have to give a big shout out to Hadley in New Zealand, who cracked the code of port cn105 and posted his python code.

Working library for ESP
https://github.com/SwiCago/HeatPump.git

See below for samples using library
Update: Added library, see post below for sample