Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By weix
#74086 I would like to make a light chaser with the 74hc595 and let it run in a kind of wave. The first led is faded and getting brighter and brighter.
The whole thing should be realized with a shift register, because I want to drive many leds so.
I have found this program (including video) for Arduinocontroller like the Uno here -> timodenk.com/blog/shiftregister-pwm-library/

It is about synchronizing the interrupts of the timer with the frequency of the ESP. However, I am not so deep in the programming that I could realize this alone for the ESP8266, so I hope here in the forum are a few people who can help me with this program.
By theenggprojects
#79540 74HC595 is a shift register which is used to increase the output pins of any microcontroller such as Arduino PIC or Atmel etc. It works on Serial In Parallel Out Protocol and you should have a look at this Arduino 74HC595 Interfacing and download its Proteus simulation and Arduino Code. That will solve your issue.
By btidey
#79545 Have you considered using WS2812B LEDs (neoPixels)?

You can drive hundreds of these from a single GPIO pin and control the RGB colour and brightness of each LED separately. They are also available in different forms (strips, circles, arrays, individual dots).

See for example
https://github.com/toblum/McLighting