Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Ken Shaw
#23604 The library is pretty cool.... I was thinking of doing the same thing :mrgreen:

I was thinking of using this in a IoT situation, but there are times where we might need to collect more information from the user, such as their email or name...etc. How do you think the best way to implement that would be?
By alextu
#23626 hi,

my thoughts on that were to add optional parameters to the library. basically another generic setter/getter that would also show an input field on the config interface.

the only issue i have with that is that as the lib is currently laid out, it is only active if no wifi connection which would mean you would only be able to access the config page when there is no wifi. not much use if you want to reconfigure.
By freedom2000
#26076 Hi all,

I had successfully used this lib (and the starting code example) for days.

But now I cannot have it work.
Compilation is Ok, upload is Ok, the ESp boots, switch to AP and then fails while activating mDNSResponder

Here is the log :

Code: Select allCould not connect to WiFi
Started Soft Access Point

WiFi connected
Error setting up MDNS responder!

Any idea why it was working on my old XP system and now after installing seven it fails. (I can't see any correlation BTW ?)

I have spent hours to try to fix this but no idea now.
However in the documentation (http://arduino.esp8266.com/versions/1.6.5-947-g39819f0/doc/reference.html they say that MDNS is not working in AP mode ???

""
mDNS and DNS-SD responder (ESP8266mDNS library)

Allows the sketch to respond to multicast DNS queries for domain names like "foo.local", and DNS-SD (service dicovery) queries. Currently the library only works on STA interface, AP interface is not supported. See attached example for details.
""
Thanks
JP