Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By nigelbe
LeXLuther422 wrote:Thanks I'll add it to my code and try it out tonight. I think why mine worked is because I have my mosquitto.conf file with this option.
Code: Select allallow_zero_length_clientid true

Ah yes that could be it.

I can confirm it all seems very stable. Mine has run for two days. Initially it started with 32280 heap then quickly reduced to 32072 then it's not changed since.
By ian
#18949 Attached Diptrace PCB design. I didn't draw a schematic & went straight to a PCB.
I had my boards made at OSH Park. Unfortunately they came back with little holes instead of routed slots for the power connector but it's not the end of the world.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By tytower
Pigs Fly wrote:Interesting, thanks, I hope it continues without locking up. I've been using the -07 and -12 modules (maybe a dozen in use overall) and have found them to be unreliable in some cases, usually when using the DHT22 by itself or in combination with other sensors. When using only the DS18B20 I've yet to see one lock up, even when the code for the DHT22 is still present. In my case it happens anywhere from a few hours after power is applied to several days.

This is true whether I use Lua or Arduino, so I suspect it's some interaction with the DHT and the module.

Although I've tried different hookups, I usually have mine wired like yours, GPIO15 to common, CH_PD to Vin, GPIO0 floating or V+, Reset floating or V+, GPIO2 floating or V+. The DHT22 has been tried on several different pins with no change.

I know that's a bit off-topic, but since you're using a DHT22 and I've found a possible relationship with that and the lock-ups, I thought it worth asking.

I have one running and hav'nt seen any lockups . The DHT library has changed . Have you updated? I also have the BMP180 and the library put out by Sparkfun had an error in it that made it read stupid with the ESP8266 running at 80mhz . I changed it from the github library as noone at sparkfun seems interested
https://github.com/sparkfun/BMP180_Breakout/issues/1
EDIT - They have since chabged the non-working part of the libraryand added the json option to update ArduinoIDE so it should now just work.
Last edited by tytower on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By questuk
#19143 Hi Lex,

Iv'e tried your "stripped down just works version." and i cannot get it to compile.

I am new to using the ESP2866 so I am not sure if this code should be set in the IDE as "generic esp 2866 module" Using this, its says "Compiling Sketch" and this goes on for ever.

Using as an "Arduino uno"
it says "Build options changed, rebuilding all ESP2866_Basic.ino:1:25: fatal error: ESP8266WiFi.h: No such file or directory"

I am using Arduino 1.6.4 IDE on an XP machine.

Any help please ?

Regards

Gary