Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Mikejstb
#19275 Yeah, that's good stuff.
I'd be interested to know what you find as far as what Qos levels work.

Have you tried changing topics in your mqtt message program?
That's something I keep meaning to do. Dynamically changing topic.
Have one topic that is always listened to, like "home/SetTopic - home/furnace/temperature".
When it receives that it will subscribe to "home/furnace/temperature" and start displaying those messages.

I've got a bunch of those 8x8 LED matrixes with the 7219 chip on the way from China.
Planning to build a big scrolling text display and make that a mqtt message displayer. There are a lot of things that come to mind as far as controlling that via mqtt aside from the dynamic topic(s). I don't know what's Arduino specific and what will port over easily to ESP, but I've seen some neat projects where you can set all kinds of scrolling options, speeds, etc.
By danbicks
#19277 Mike,

Yep changing topics is not a problem, I can switch between several that the ESP is subscribed to and receive a callback :)
Happy days will allow for messaging between nodes.

I will test dynamic changing of subscribed topic, this will be fun. I will send a message to command processing to set new subscribe channel and pick up messages on this.

The max7219 is a good chip, I have used these for multiple projects in the past, send it 16 bits of data for one matrix it does the multiplexing in the background, fire and forget :)

I will keep you updated.

Dans
By miker
#19326 Awesome project!
I'm more of a hardware guy and created a custom board for this design. The size of the board as close to the size of a 0.96" display as I could get. The board that the glass sits on has the microUSB connector, FTDI chip and the ESP-01 solders onto it and covering up everything. It's hard to explain but you can see it on this 3D PDF. I'll put it together when it arrives in about 3 weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.