Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By ridge
#24493 ESP8266/Arduino and WebConfig will now cover most all of the web connected projects I can dream up!
The cost/performance of this combination is amazing!

It is fun to think that these examples are just scratching the surface of what these devices are capable of !

Attached is Irrigation_5
It adds an analog read and display for the yellow board's light sensor. The code should adapt well to any analog reading chores on the esp-12.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By danbicks
#24557 Hi Guys,

@Ridge, have you tried setting a rogue ap name and then trying to access the ap and reconfigure?

Mine is very problematic. I have enabled Serial.setDebugOutput(true); when it is trying to connect to MYSSID that does not exist it retry's every second, auto-reconnect, this seems to drive the access point mode mad. It regularly drops of my listed networks on my win7 build and also my tablet.

I added the following after one round of connection attempts: wifi_station_set_auto_connect(false); // disable auto connect
wifi_station_disconnect();

This now allows the access point to operate normally response is good, once new config saved it tries again and repeats the process.

How was your experience with the above?

I am considering adding a button once pushed access mode is enabled.

Cheers

Dans
By ridge
#24560 I am fairly conservative in my connectivity requirements for these...

I always set a static IP address into my local network and go back to traditional embedded hardware hacking.

The more mobile/network savvy guys are going to have to explain use case scenarios in excruciating detail for us old dogs to appreciate what they are up to. :D