Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Rural
#29611 That's a clever approach. Being so used to having real-time monitoring information at my finger-tips, it had slipped my mind that there often isn't a need to report a sensor reading via wifi every time the sensor is sampled. For many applications, trading frequent reporting of sensor information for years of battery life would be more than acceptable, as long as the sensors were sampled frequently. I've got a bunch of environmental monitoring projects where this would be completely acceptable.

torntrousers wrote:Like schufti said already, the ESP can be pretty low powered - use sleep and switch the raido off when its not needed. I've this one running off a couple of AA batteries waking up once an hour with the radio off and just once a day using WiFi to publish data, its been going for months and the battery voltage is still well over 3.2 volts so it will probably last a year or two.
By mvizzy
#50089 is there a low-cost BLE or Bluetooth alternative to the ESP8266? I'm making a commercial device and I want to reduce form factor. My device is battery operated and I'd like to run it off CR2032 coin cell(s) for 4-5 years. Right now, my esp8266 device uses 3xAA batteries or one CR123a. Thanks!!