Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By andre_teprom
#73911 Interesting that you are doing that via Webserver. I had to stop my Webserver in the meantime OTA started to run, otherwise this would somehow trigger the Watchdog reset. Thank you very much, I'll have a look on your code.
By andre_teprom
#73927 The original question has already been pretty answered and I'm thankful, but in order to avoid opening a new thread, I would like to know if (any of) you know if there exists some library where ESP8266 does not act as a "Server" but rather as "Client" (obviously under user command) so that the update procedure would be easiest to accomplish in large scale ?

I mean, instead of having to individually configure routers on deploy sites where our customers have heterogeneous network infrastructures and/or technical support not often being able of giving prompt attendance to carry out the rerouting of IPs/Ports. Now it would only be enough to configure the board gateway. In that case, the file would be fetched by the device on a public website where I would put the binary there.