Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By mmaxus35
#75591 Hi All !

I have been working on solar powered ESP8266 project.

So far, i have estabilished to run ESP8266 with 6V solar panel and 3.7 V lipo battery.

I am ensure that, ESP8266 runs approximately 20 hours and i collected data.

But my problem is that, when the Battery drops to under 3v, esp8266 is powered off ( of course. )

After that, the battery is charged and rised until 3.8 volt and i am sure that ams1117 outputs 3.333 volts to power on ESP8266 again. However, i have to press the reset button to run the ESP8266, it does not boot up without manuel reset.

I couldn't understand the problem. As charger board i use TP4056 protected.

Do you have any suggestions ?
By schufti
#75632 TP4056 is not protection but charge controller. So during slow rise from discharged battery to charged battery there is undefined state that confuses esp and needs reset.
With real protection that disconnects battery from load until fully charged that may work.
Better to have power monitor ic like STM/MIC 809/811, MIC803-31 etc that sends correct reste signal.
By rudy
#75634 The MIC803-31 is a good starting point. Use it to enable the ESP8266. But that is not enough. What I think should happen then is for the ESP to determine if there is enough power to enable the radio. Maybe check VCC. Or a time delay that would give the battery a chance to accumulate some charge.

What you don't want is for the ESP to start, consume more current than is available and cause another shutdown.