Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By lucasromeiro
#77545 Hello, I have a problem using my webserver when my ESP12 can not connect to the router / internet.
I use it in WIFI_AP_STA mode everything works perfectly when my ESP is connected to the router / internet, but if it can not connect and I try to connect on its network to access the webserver encounter difficulty, when I can connect in his network and I will use the webserver on most often it crashes the Esp and the WDT (software or hardware) does not work.
Sometimes it opens something, but then it crashes.
I noticed that it hangs more when my HTML page has some command that requests something from the network, for example show the local IP.
I could not find the cause of this problem.

If someone wants to test, just create a web server that shows the mac, local ip, etc (network information) ... then turn off the router, turn on the esp, connect to the network that the esp creates and try to access the webserver.

Anyone can help?
By Pablo2048
#77547 Hi,
you really think that somebody will write code to check (and solve) your problem? Why you did not put your code here? Did you check the crash report with ESP Exception Decoder? What is your Core version? What is your webserver library (standard from Core, async one, ...)?
By lucasromeiro
Pablo2048 wrote:Hi,
you really think that somebody will write code to check (and solve) your problem? Why you did not put your code here? Did you check the crash report with ESP Exception Decoder? What is your Core version? What is your webserver library (standard from Core, async one, ...)?

But where did I ask someone to write something?
If anyone wants, help is welcome.
I can not paste the code because it is owned by the company I work for.
As I have seen it before, I imagine it to be something common.
There are no crash reports.
As I said, it does not restart ... It freezes, but the WDT do not act.
Does not generate crash report.
my version is Arduino 2.4.1.
In the case of the company, it does not use any library to manage the web server, this is all done by us via socket, we manage ourselves.
The problem is not the management, because the same works perfectly when the esp is connected to the wifi, never gave problem!
It really is something in esp that when it is not able to connect, is not very stable and hangs if there are some comendos like WiFi.macAddress () or WiFi.localIP ().
I still can not identify the problem.
By Pablo2048
#77558 So write MCVE sketch that will reproduce the problem so we can take a look into. Also be aware of naturality of ESP8266 SOC - it is one radio chip so if you want to connect to AP (in STA mode) the AP of ESP channel changes when it looks after STA SSID. Maybe (just maybe) this is source of your problem. I'm using AP+STA mode + AsyncWebServer and never seen a problem like you described.