Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By tsknightstorm
#77776 Hello folks
First, what I try. I would like to build up my own home automation system. For this I would like to be able to work with tasks, why I decided to go with a FreeRTOS. But after some research and errors like "avr/io.h not found" I discovered that the Arduino/ESP8266 Platform is not RTOS ready. This I started to realize, because my CPU is not a AVR, so there is nothing with "avr/io.h". Is it really true that there is no reasonable way to get the FreeRTOS on the ESP8266 with the Arduino IDE? To me the informations what I found were not totally clear, maybe also because I did not understand everything as a beginner. So, I would be happy, if someone can explain the things around beginners friendly to me.

Actually, I did reinstall the hole things with Arduino IDE and Libraries. So I have all the things at the newest releases. I also tryed it out with Visual Studio and visualMicro, becaus this would be the final enviroment, where I would like to code.

Error message in the Arduino IDE after adding #include <Arduino_FreeRTOS.h>

Code: Select allIn file included from C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino_FreeRTOS_Library-master\src/Arduino_FreeRTOS.h:53:0,

from C:\Users\Andreas\OneDrive\HomeAutomation\Bitbucket\libraries\PubSubClient\examples\mqtt_basic\mqtt_basic.ino:19:

C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino_FreeRTOS_Library-master\src/FreeRTOSConfig.h:32:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

#include <avr/io.h>

^

compilation terminated.
By sfranzyshen
tsknightstorm wrote:Hello folks
First, what I try. I would like to build up my own home automation system. For this I would like to be able to work with tasks, why I decided to go with a FreeRTOS. But after some research and errors like "avr/io.h not found" I discovered that the Arduino/ESP8266 Platform is not RTOS ready. This I started to realize, because my CPU is not a AVR, so there is nothing with "avr/io.h". Is it really true that there is no reasonable way to get the FreeRTOS on the ESP8266 with the Arduino IDE? To me the informations what I found were not totally clear, maybe also because I did not understand everything as a beginner. So, I would be happy, if someone can explain the things around beginners friendly to me.

Actually, I did reinstall the hole things with Arduino IDE and Libraries. So I have all the things at the newest releases. I also tryed it out with Visual Studio and visualMicro, becaus this would be the final enviroment, where I would like to code.

Error message in the Arduino IDE after adding #include <Arduino_FreeRTOS.h>

Code: Select allIn file included from C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino_FreeRTOS_Library-master\src/Arduino_FreeRTOS.h:53:0,

from C:\Users\Andreas\OneDrive\HomeAutomation\Bitbucket\libraries\PubSubClient\examples\mqtt_basic\mqtt_basic.ino:19:

C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduino_FreeRTOS_Library-master\src/FreeRTOSConfig.h:32:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

#include <avr/io.h>

^

compilation terminated.

pretty sure this lib is only for avr platforms ...