Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Patriarch
#95974 Some previous replies are missing the point, especially the one "no, an ESP8266 doesn't have a USB port".
My Ryzen 9 does not have an USB port either, but I still can plug things in my computer; incredible, isn't it?

There is a project that may interest you:
https://github.com/cnlohr/espusb

Basically it's a poc with an example, showing how to uses an esp8266 as an wireless USB bridge.

The repository is quite outdated, then you'll have to use their docker image to build the binary since some dependencies are related to old ubuntu versions. Also, as their readme explain it, it cannot be used as-it with recent esp due to the different SDK.

However, it is still possible to update the project to the last SDK versions. Not that simple, but nothing impossible.
By elsasmith23
midler wrote:Hello,
Google was unable to help me, so, maybe you can...
I am interested if there is project for creating USB bridge over 2 ESP8266 devices (one will act as host, second will act as client). I know that speed between those devices will not be fast, but it's not so important, as I want to make it for printer / scanner.

So, my goal is - connect one ESP8266 device to printer and second device to PC and print from there.

Connect the ESP8266 device to the printer using a USB cable, and the second device to the PC using a USB or Serial cable, depending on the type of printer you have. Once the connections are established, you can configure the printer and PC to communicate with each other and start printing from the ESP8266 device. You may need to install printer drivers and related software on the PC for successful printing.
By elsasmith23
midler wrote:Hello,
Google was unable to help me, so, maybe you can...
I am interested if there is project for creating USB bridge over 2 ESP8266 devices (one will act as host, second will act as client). I know that speed between those devices https://cps-tester.net/mouse-test will not be fast, but it's not so important, as I want to make it for printer / scanner.

So, my goal is - connect one ESP8266 device to printer and second device to PC and print from there.