Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By josephchrzempiec
#80163 Hello I'm running into two problems The first is When i put the ESP8266-12F into sleep mode The Power is still in the milli amp range Not as high as before but still not low as it should be. I tried different sketches on the Arduino IDE and still got the same thing. Is there one that actually do work?

Second Question is when in sleep mode is there a possible way to wake the ESP8266 out of sleep with a button?

I'm not using the wifi on the ESP8266 so not sure how i can disable the ESPwifi? Sorry that was three questions.

Joseph
By rudy
The Power is still in the milli amp range Not as high as before but still not low as it should be.

What hardware do you have? Anything other than the ESP-12F? What voltage are you using on the ESP12F.

Second Question is when in sleep mode is there a possible way to wake the ESP8266 out of sleep with a button?

A button on reset will bring it out of deep sleep.

I'm not using the wifi on the ESP8266 so not sure how i can disable the ESPwifi?

https://circuits4you.com/2019/01/08/esp ... ave-power/

Did you not do a web search? All this information is easily available.
By josephchrzempiec
#80166 Hello i have tried

wifi_set_sleep_type(MODEM_SLEEP_T);

and

WiFi.disconnect();
WiFi.mode(WIFI_OFF);
It looks like the second one works. But i don't see any reduce power savingswhen i do it. Only thing i can think of is the power Led might be what is keeping the power high.
I didn't know if wifi is turning off or not. I assume it was still drawing power. But looking at it closer it might be the Power Led.

Also i was looking for a way to wake it up without having to apply the reset button. That is what i couldn't find sorry i didn't say that in the original post.
By rudy
#80167 If the led is on then of course it is going to consume current. What else do you have in the circuit? What is powering the ESP? What is providing Vcc?

If you are not going to provide relevant information (as I asked in my reply above) then how can anyone give you any suggestions?

When the ESP8266 is in deep sleep then only the RTC oscillator is running. There is no other way to wake it up other than a reset. The program must be designed around this limitation.