Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Sin_K
#80672 Hello everyone. I've bought an ESP8266 CP2102 NodeMCU LUA ESP-12E WIFI Serial Wireless Module from https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-Version- ... op?ie=UTF8
Without flash any firmware into the ESP-12E, I can blink a LED using the ESP-12E with Arduino. I wish to change the baud rate of the ESP-12E from 115200 to 9600. (I'm not sure whether the initial baud rate is 115200 or not. But I can only see the output of the serial monitor at the baud rate of 115200 so I guess it is.) Can anyone please tell me how to do so? Thank you
By DIRR70
#81387 Hello Sin_K,

please have a look at any example shipped with the ESP library. Almost in every case the first line in the setup method is
Code: Select allSerial.begin(xxxxxxx);

and as you might guess, the "xxxxxxx" is the baud rate...

What may have confused you that you can see some weird stuff in your serial log right after you turned up the power. That is normal. The internal firmware of a ESP8266 dumps some stuff at 9600 baud after every reset. But this just is and has nothing to do with your baud rate that you are using in your code and that is set as shown above. If you connect another device to the ESP8266, just consider, that it will receive some garbage first...